Honestly… Oreos have to be my favorite cookie out there. Of course they are….one of the UNHEALTHIEST cookies on the market! lol
But…this recipe shouldn’t make you feel as guilty since there isn’t as much sugar. You can even use a sugar-free substitute if you’d like! Plus you can make them soft (like moon pies) OR hard like the real thing depending on how big you cut your cookie circles. Creamy….chocolaty…and totally satisfying.
- 3/4 cup whole wheat flour or regular flour
- 1/3 cup Cocoa Powder
- 1/3 Cup coconut sugar OR regular sugar OR…xylitol for sugar-free
- 1/4 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 tsp pure vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup coconut oil
- 3 tbsp almond milk
- 2 tbsp maple syrup
- 4 oz of fat free cream cheese
- 2 tbsp sugar of choice
- 1/2 tsp pure vanilla extract
- Combine all dry ingredients in bowl (flour, Cocoa Powder, sugar, baking soda, salt)
- Combine all wet ingredients in separate bowl (vanilla extract, coconut sugar, milk, maple syrup)
- Mix two bowls together until dough forms
- Place dough in fridge for 30 minutes
- Pre-heat oven to 300 degrees.
- Now you can mix all filling ingredients into bowl and set aside
- Roll dough flat and use circle cutter to cut into cookie pieces
- Bake for 10 minutes
- Let cookies sit for 15 minutes until cool so they don’t melt the icing
- Put desired amount of filling onto one cookie then top with another cookie!