Oh my gosh….if you LOVE cookie dough like me and are looking for a healthy alternative. HERE IT IS! My husband only eats unhealthy sweets and I tricked him with these! No added sugars…packed with protein…and covered in chocolate! YUM. Let me know if you try them! The great things about this recipe is that you technically don’t need to cover these in chocolate…they taste JUST as good without it. But hellooooo…I’m all about a little indulgence! So chocolate mine up please!
Depending on how big you like your balls (hehehe)….the calories will vary per piece. I made 16 balls (pretty big!) with this batch.
Calories per ball: 92
- ½ cup almond flour
- ¼ cup maple syrup
- ½ tsp vanilla extract
- 3 Tbsp water
- ¼ cup mini chocolate chips of choice (paleo, gluten free, dark etc.)
- 1 cup chocolate for coating
- 1 tsp oil to help smooth chocolate coating
- ½ cup protein powder (Vanilla Protein)
- 1/8 cup coconut four
- ½ cup almond butter
- pinch of salt if needed
- Get a cookie sheet lined with some parchment paper
- Whisk together the almond flour, protein powder, coconut flour, almond butter, maple syrup, and vanilla extract.
- Add water 1 TBSP at a time until your reach a cookie dough consistency.
- Add mini chocolate chips to mixture
- Roll a tablespoon (or two depending on how big you want your balls hehe) of dough in a ball and place on tray.
- Put them in the freezer for about 1 hour, or until they are firm not frozen.
- In a microwave safe bowl, melt your chocolate (add oil if you want it to go onto dough a bit smoother)
- Dip each ball into the melted chocolate.
- Put the balls back into the freezer for about 10 min. or refrigerator for about 30 until chocolate is hardened
- Store the cookie dough bites in the fridge!