These super moist chocolate chunk coconut cookies are made with coconut oil instead of butter, almond flour, and oatmeal! Wasn’t sure how they were going to turn out but I use my husband who hates healthy stuff as a test ALWAYS…and he loves them. So. Do. I.
I ate one of these before my workout today and honestly it did the trick! Just the right UMPH to get me in the mood and satisfy my sweet tooth.
- 1 1/4 cup regular oats ground in a food processor or blender
- 1 1/3 cup almond flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup melted coconut oil
- 1/4 cup packed dark brown sugar
- 2/4 cup coconut sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 3/4 cup shredded coconut
- 3.5 oz semi-sweet 70% chocolate (chunks broken into small pieces)
- In large bowl whisk together flour, oats, baking soda, and salt – set aside.
- In bowl beat together melted coconut oil and brown/coconut sugar until smooth. Add in eggs and vanilla; beat again until smooth.
- Add in flour & oat mixture to the wet ingredients; mixing until well combined. Then add in coconut and chocolate chunks.
- Refrigerate dough for 1 hour allowing ingredients to set
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F
- Scoop rounded tablespoons onto cookie sheet. Bake 13 minutes or until you see a slight golden brown edge. Over baking will result in crisp cookies!
- Let cool then enjoy!