These are great for heavy leg days! These delicious paleo pumpkin cakes are all natural, no added sugar, dense, and extremely filling. They are a great pre-workout snack or post workout snack…and even a great breakfast option for those of you who love sweet things in the morning like me! It’s all about balance. You don’t have to give up sweets..you just have to be mindful of the ingredients you are using! And don’ forget to HIT THE GYM SO YOU CAN USE THE ENRGY TO BUILD THOSE MUSCLES!
- 1 egg, beaten (sub flax egg for vegan option)
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- 1 tsp. baking soda
- 1 cup organic almond butter
- 1 1/2 cups organic canned pumpkin
- 1/4 cup organic pure maple syrup
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Combine all of the ingredients in a bowl
- Spread batter into 8×8 pan
- Bake for 40 to 45 minutes
For the icing:
- 1/4 cup coconut oil
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- pinch of salt
- 1 cup paleo chocolate chips or chocolate chips of your choice!
- 1/4 cup almond milk
- In a saucepan over medium-low heat, mix together the chocolate chips, milk, coconut oil, vanilla extract and salt. Stir until melted and completely smooth.
- Let the pan cool for 10 minutes
- Put the pan in the refrigerator for about 10-15 minutes, stirring occasionally so it doesn’t get too hard to smooth over the cake.
- Spread onto cake!
- I prefer to let the cake sit in the refrigerator overnight so everything sets perfectly but that’s up to you!